Friday, June 11, 2010

The Two Pillars of College Admission

Recommend a book:

If I could recommend any single book to anyone, it would probably be The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. The book is absolutely brilliant. It’s essentially a self-help book wrapped in a fictional story. The book’s subtitle is “A fable about following your dreams.” It is currently one of the best selling books in history and has been translated into more than 50 languages. I am a huge fan of self help and personal development so, of course, The Alchemist was a book I read as soon as I heard of it. I have never been more inspired by a fictional story. Upon finishing the novel, I walked around with a sort of glow leftover from the great feeling the book gave me. The Alchemist is a book that should be read by everyone. Its wisdom is timeless.

Talk about myself:

Where to start? I’ve been alive for 17 years and have countless stories that describe me and my adventures in all their glory. However, I’ll keep it simple. I have a great deal of hobbies including dancing, web design, reading, writing and being all around awesome. I focus a lot of my time on self improvement and love reading self-help books, watching motivational speakers and taking the time to inspire others. One day I hope to be a life coach and motivational speaker myself. I’m a very confident person and have no doubt that I’ll be able to achieve my dreams, and you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment